> Professional development courses
Staff Professional Development Courses
More Professional Development courses are available through our Online Courses site including:
Gratis – Free:
Paid – $30 pp:
Face to Face courses
This manual handling workshop provides support workers with safe transfer and manual handling skills required in their role. It is a great way to increase skill and confidence of your staff.
Positive Dementia Support
Why train staff in Positive Dementia Support?
- Providing support for people with dementia can be challenging both physically and emotionally.
- Staff will be equipped to meet the needs of people with dementia.
- A lack of understanding may lead to unintentional abuse.
- Positive, person centered support improved the day-to-day quality of life for clients.
- Employee performance and job satisfaction improves when they have the right skills for the job.
Palliative and end of life care
Why train staff in palliative and end of life care?
- To improve and sustain quality of life for the client and their family.
- Staff will be equipped to provide person centred, holistic support that focuses on the client and family as the unit of care and based on their specific needs.
- To provide staff with the education and skills to be able to adapt to the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the client and their families.
- Support staff are well placed to provide support, care and connection as clients face serious illness.
- To empower staff with the guidance and education to help clients, families, and others to cope and take an active part in offering comfort and acceptance.
Outstanding Customer Service in Ageing and Disability Sectors
Why train staff in Outstanding Customer Service?
- People who receive good customer service naturally assume that you have good products and that they are the most important aspect of your business.
- A fundamental shift in government funding away from organisations and toward the customer means that the customer now has more choice.
- People remember service that is really good or really bad (and you want them to remember good service).
- Word of mouth has a powerful impact on the success or failure of business.
- Positive reviews can be used as testimonials in marketing materials.
- Staff like to be part of a positive environment, which in turn increases staff retention.
Assist with Medication Refresher
Why train staff in Assisting with Medication?
- The increasing emphasis on person-centred care lends well to having a client’s familiar support worker assisting with their medications.
- Organsational resources are better utilised when support workers are able to capably assist with medications.
- The risk of medication incidents is reduced when staff are well trained to use up to date practices.
Daisy learning recommends all participants hold HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication prior to completing an annual Assist with medication refresher course.